THAT TOXIC LOVE

Hello lovers..
I'm sorry for my long unannounced absence. I started a course in Lagos and i haven't settled down yet. Things been happening mehn... At the same time, I've been thinking much concerning the blog and i will share with you when i make a choice or when i need you to come in. I should have posted this since as it was in drafts but.... Anyways, here...
 *****Commenting is your right. Do so please.

Yesterday, someone-*LADI, called my dad. She complained her landlord was giving her problems and she wants to move out. Dad dropped the call and mum having overheard the conversation said "I don't pity her. She should go back to her husbands house. I was angry in my spirit, body and soul at her comment.
Apparently, *Ladi married *Chidi who is my church member. He is a rich guy with chains of business and he behaves nice. After marriage, *Chidi started beating *Ladi. He had a son outside marriage who is in secondary school and two brothers I know. *Chidis brother and son will come around and he will chase *Ladi out of "their room and insist his son will sleep there with him. She will move to the other room only to be followed by *Chidi who will beat her on account that she doesn't have respect for his brothers. *Ladi will end up sleeping in the sitting room and that happened as often as they came. Meanwhile, I used to envy *Ladi because i thought she was living the good life. I felt he was the perfect husband.
Alas!!!, they separated.

That was when I knew he was beating her. I saw different pictures of his violence towards her and i felt pains on her behalf. I JUST HATE ANY FORM OF VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN.....whether she's at fault or not.
*Ladi would have gone back but *Chidi's family would not hear of it and her family said they won't hand her over to *Chidi again. They want to hand her to his family. Meanwhile his family did not liuke the fact that he married a YORUBA woman.
So you see why I was angry at my mom. When "Titi" died from domestic violence, Titi Omozoje (RIP).....whose husband was sentenced recently, I remember someone said "Its her father that killed her". He said her father knew about the violence but did not ask her to leave
I remember one of my Pastor who helped his daughter pack her things back to his house after her husband beat her once. When he came back for her, Pastor made him pay 5million naira into a newly opened account in her name and signed an agreement never to touch his daughter again. That's the deal man. Any touch, she leaves and starts a new life with the 5m. He was also to keep paying 10k monthly into this account.

Let's say NO to violence. If you know anyone who is being abused, male or female, help them get out. Soon, I will tell Kate's story- a victim of domestic violence. You have any violence story, send it to me so we can stop violence together. Do you know anyone who is being violated? Please, let them know someone is interested in helping them get out.
Let's have a collective voice and kick against violence.

Comments

  1. The things women go through.
    Everyone deserves a Dad like the one above. Touch my daughter once & pay through ya ass. Touch her again & lose her at the same time my wrath descends on U!
    Perpetrators of Domestic violence are animals, low lives & evil...
    I'll help the victims in any way I can!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LADY HEL

Sunshine is one LOVE away!

Hi People, I am here.