LADY HEL

I am a Yoruba girl and I have the "H" factor like most other Yoruba people. Mine isn't just as terrible and noticeable as theirs because I have a good command of English.*Head swells. I no dey try form accent. I just pronounce words right. Most times, I get favor when I speak. To avoid the "H" thing, I either avoid words that begin with the letter or I try extra care but its usually when I'm being careful I goof.

On one of my shifts, I was on night shift with MAQUIN of RayPower FM,Abuja and after he introduced himself, he had to introduce me. He was like..."There is one special, precious lady in the studio..." and after all the whining and head swelling description, he asked me to introduce myself. Maquin calls me "Lady L" on all his shows so after throwing jabs at Maquin, I was like..."Alright Abuja, its lady HEL in the house"...I added "HE" to the L. Oh Lord!!!...The ground refused to swallow me so I wanted to enter myself. You needed to see the look Maquin gave me. It was priceless. To save the situation, I was like..."That's what my Yoruba sisters will say. Its Lady L in the building." This time, I was more careful.

On my first day in Ray Power, Maquin said "Babe, you will make a very good OAP and PRESENTER. You have very great voice. That night, he said...Babe, work on this your H and L factor o! If not, it will hinder you. LOL. That's a job mistake.

Any Job Hazard/Mistake you want to share, send it to me and I will put it up here.
CIAO!!!

Comments

  1. Lmao......I can only imagine the embarrassment you must have felt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Oma for stopping by. I felt on top of the world when i saw your comment. Thanks once again.

      Delete
  2. Lol! Thank God you made a fast line to cover your track. He for don be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Of all places to bump into you, JOPA's daughter (Madam Olabisi)! It's a small world indeed. Haha! ��

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunshine is one LOVE away!

"For Maria- Ebun Pataki"