First Experience List.

Hello Lovers,
Good to be here. I should tell you that I always write with a smile on my face. I will be sharing with you my first major experience in the media world. It might be a long read but I promise it will be an interesting one.

Here...

Young me, fresh out of school, after being delayed by Nigeria school witches and wizard. (Still being delayed. Its safe to say I've spent six years now.) I was waiting for NYSC so I sat at home rotting away. My godfather decided to throw me into his office. Through that, I got into AIT Programmes department. There, I did nothing other than resume work at 9am, watch TV, go for lunch, and go home when I wish. That was the daily routine but that wasn't what I anticipated. After three months, I left empty headed. Nothing changed. A month later, I decided to try radio and I told him. Radio was more strict. I had to apply. I had no result so I was told to apply for IT. I did that and was given three months. I was placed on shift and the radio journey started. As much as I wanted to go on air, I couldn't as there was a strict law that said IT or Corp Members are not allowed on air. After a while, I was placed on night shift with IQ. She anchors Soul Serenade. I was allowed to start making appearances on her programme. My three months expired and I decided to keep hanging around. Fortunately, it was a welcome idea. My needed break came when I was chatting with friends and the then Head of News walked pass. She asked me to see her and I did. She took me for auditions and...dayumm!!! I was placed on the news. I felt great. I called everyone that mattered in my life at that period to listen. I remain grateful to her.

My D-Day came. It was new year eve, December 31, 2013. The station was doing top 100 countdown as part of closing activities for the year. Being new year eve, I was preparing to go home for prayers and someone said....'Madam said you should wait'. I felt she wanted to give me money but she gave me more than that. Next I heard was I had been paired with 3ple A to join the top 100 countdown. I screamed....Ohh..and there was paparazzi in the studio. Not just that. The head of station was also there and she took pictures. It could have been normal but I felt like my star fell into peoples homes to light up their lives. Isn't it great?
Taiwo Nihinlolawa Annieella's photo.

Since then, I've had it good.... not perfect but good enough for me. I'm willing to take one step at a time.
N.B- I ended up with truly sweaty clothes that day. That made me dirty.

Thanks for reading and please, leave a comment. Its your right and my JOY.
Ciao.

*First Image from Google.

Comments

  1. Hi Ruby, its presh @frcn training school. How are you? Good job. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Presh.

    Its good to hear from you. Mail me your number please. There is a deal. Hope you see this. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LADY HEL

Sunshine is one LOVE away!

POEM