The 20s and Pressure.

Hello!

It's been a beautiful week right..

So I read a post by one of my favorite bloggers, DANG, where she shared about an aunt blackmailing her to get married using her late mom. You can trust she didn't find it a bit funny. Her experience informed this post.

I visited home (Lagos) some two weeks ago and a friend who I know is interested in me visited. To help his ministry, I hinted him on my parents being around and told him his ministry will scatter if he came with an empty hand. He came with a bottle of wine. We were gisting* when i heard my dad call out for him. Next thing I hear is 'May I meet you', 'What do you do' and so on and so forth.. (Rolls eyes and pout lips). Okay, I knew that was going to come up but I didn't expect it to be that brazen. Take a chill pill man.

Here in Abuja, I live with family friends. They ask me directly and indirectly when I'm getting married because.. Biological clock is ticking away and nansense... I had a shock and fun moment on Friday when a friend designed and posted the picture below.


Peep Ruby Taiwo ministering in songs?
We laughed it off because it was all fun and games and we are free to annoy ourselves in that manner. There were all sorts of comments and it got funny when a not so but younger friend commented 'Thank God my name is not there'. He was only trying to catch in on the fun. It was still fun and games when another person commented 'Common, go write JAMB'. lol.

We all laughed it off but it got me thinking?
What does late 20s have to do with marriage? Prerequisite?
Apart from the fact that a woman's best eggs are in her early years, why does marriage seem to be the Alpha and Omega for ladies?
Why do we feel that a married woman is better than her unmarried counterpart even though the married one may be dumber compared to the unmarried?
Why will a woman stop chasing her dreams because she got married and a man carries on with his dreams like nothing happened?
Why is the woman left to care for the children they both made and the man claims all the glory?
More important is Why do some men think they carry the monopoly to sleep around when married while the woman is left to watch War room?

Don't get me wrong. I want to get married. Soon enough. I'm just not about doing it the way they do it. I won't be watching war room. We will war for each other together and ill patiently wait for who won't mind warring on my behalf.

Till, I find him,
Ciao.

PS: Leave a comment. Its your right and my joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LADY HEL

Sunshine is one LOVE away!

POEM