What is and What's not..

Hi..
How has your week been?
So something happened in my compound that informed this line of thought and I thought to stop by and gist you.

I live with family friends in a three bedroom flat that has two one room boys-quarter behind. Living in each flat are grown up men who can hardly care about anything and I don't like them for that. (Rolls eyes). When the pumping machine gets bad, we are left alone to repair even when it's just me at home. They never paid light bills and every other necessary bill. Due to that, PHCN always disconnected them. When they are disconnected, they connect back to the main house (us) illegally and when PHCN found out once, they disconnected the whole compound from their office and we didn't have light for about three weeks. They gave us the option of buying a new pole and wires to reconnect and separate us from them as we use Prepaid billing meter. That was running into hundreds of thousands and we didn't think it a good idea so it was struck out. All the while, the big pumping machine was connected to us while the small one was connected to them. Since they never paid bills, they were not bothered about wasting water. They turn on the pumping machine at night, go to bed and leave the water wasting after its filled for hours. I was always pained but I never wanted to get into a confrontation with them as I had tried talking about it with them so I left it.

Fast forward, PHCN gave them prepaid meter and they had no choice but to pay for light. On Saturday morning, I was preparing to go out when water got exhausted and I switched on the pumping machine. Ours and theirs. Ours takes water into the big tank while theirs takes water into the two small tanks that services the houses. Fifteen minutes after, pumping machine goes off even though there's still light and I go out to check what happened. I met my neighbor there and he gives an explanation I'm not interested in about units wasting and he's going out so he doesn't want water wasting. I laugh out loud and turn it back on while he walks away. Someone understands the pains I feel.

So I start to wonder. Why are people not bothered about things till they are affected? Same issue we have in Nigeria. Half of the population never votes and they think they have the right to complain President Buhari and V.P Osinbajo aren't working? Will you keep kwayet? Did you vote? Common gaan sleep?

Here's a little advice.
Do you have plans to complain when something isn't working in Nigeria from 2019? Get your PVC now? Need help? Ask the local government near you.
You've registered and need to get your PVC, visit voterreg.inecnigeria.org .
In all, know that your vote can effect change.

On a random, I left the water to waste though I was home. Petty like that. Shoot me.

Please, leave a comment, it's your right and my joy.
Till next time, CIAO.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LADY HEL

Sunshine is one LOVE away!

POEM